Procurement Month 2020
Hello everyone and Happy Procurement Month!
This month is dedicated to public procurement professionals and the amazing impact we have on our agencies and communities. Take some time to educate others on the significant role you play every day as a public procurement professional!
IPPA is celebrating Procurement Month this March in a variety of ways:
- NIGP Class: Contract Administration in the Public Sector, March 4-6th
- 2020 Spring Dinner Meeting: Special presentation by Peter Rigterink on Ethics in the Workplace, March 4th at 6 p.m. at Chicago Connection off Eagle & Overland Roads - IPPA is paying for your pizza!
- Professional Buyer's Day: March 11th
- Lunch & Learn: Procurement Roundtable Discussions, March 24th, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. (CANCELLED)
- Procurement Month Proclamations from various state agencies and political subdivisions will be posted on our website - see them below!
- IPPA 2020 Individual Award winners will be announced
- Procurement Scavenger Hunt
Also, we wanted to share from the State of Idaho, Division of Purchasing, how they're celebrating Procurement Month:
- Ice Cream Social, March 5th, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the JRW Building
- Hosted Luncheon, March 18th, 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at the Galaxy Events Center (must RSVP by March 4th!) (CANCELLED)
See your membership email for instructions on how to play!
Check out NIGP's website for how they are celebrating Procurement Month this year. Click HERE [nigp.org] for more!!
NIGP talks about the meaning behind Procurement Month:
"When we celebrate Procurement Month, we acknowledge an elite group of professionals that have made a difference in governmental efficiency and effectiveness. This month provides the opportunity to help educate elected officials, administrators, taxpayers and vendors about the procurement process and the admirable work you perform every day.
The underlying theme for all activities during Procurement Month is the promotion and recognition of the field of Public Procurement. Your colleagues have organized everything from official government resolutions to playful scavenger hunts, trivia games, networking games to a chocolate coined crash course in basic procurement. Enjoy…It’s all about you!"
Procurement Month Proclamations
Again, wishing you a Happy Procurement Month!
IPPA Board of Directors